Host: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
Vincent and Dickson review the biology and pathogenesis of Ascaris lumbricoides, one of the largest nematodes to infect humans.
Links for this episode:
- Ascaris lumbricoides adult female (top) and male (jpg)
- Ascaris lumbricoides life cycle (jpg)
- Child with distended abdomen due to Ascaris (jpg)
- Adult Ascaris removed from child in previous figure (jpg)
- Toxocara canis and Toxocara cati life cycle (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiP 21
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to TWiP (free) in iTunes, by the RSS feed or by email
“Collected from one rural village in Bangladesh in a single day…”
Yikes! Unfortunately I can’t unsee this.