TWiM presents evidence that over half of human pathogenic diseases are impacted by climate change, and considers how a novel prokaryote discovered next to an underground stream illuminates the pathway to multicellularity.
Right click to download TWiM #276 (48 MB .mp3, 67 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Climate change and pathogenic diseases (Nat Climate Change)
- Impacts of climate change on human diseases (MoraLAB)
- Cave bacteria illuminate pathway to multicellularity (eLife)
- Commentary on novel cave bacteria (eLife)
- Karst landscapes (National Park Service)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org