TWiM explains how bacterial symbionts regulate tick blood feeding activity, and the reasons why antibiotics exist.
Right click to download TWiM #258 (45 MB .mp3, 61 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Symbionts help ticks to feed (Cell Host Microbe)
- Why do antibiotics exist? (mBio)
- Shorter is still better (J Hosp Med)
- Shorter vs longer antibiotic courses (J Hosp Med)
- Francis Tally and tigecycline (Clin Inf Dis)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org