On this episode of TWiM, using colicins to ferry DNA into cells through an iron transporter, and construction of highly efficient microbial fuel cells that produce more electrical current than previously observed.
Right click to download TWiM #252 (36 MB .mp3, 49 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Colicins used to ferry DNA into cells (mBio)
- Highly efficient microbial fuel cells (Science)
- Silver assists fuel cells (Science)
- Biological transport goes the extra mile (PNAS)
- Long distance transport in cable bacteria (PNAS)
- Columbia U pledges fossil free buildings (Columbia U)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org