Mark Martin returns to TWiM to discuss ways to increase diversity in our field, and the discovery of Borgs, giant extrachromosomal elements with the potential to augment methane oxidation.
Guest: Mark O. Martin
Right click to download TWiM #248 (40 MB .mp3, 54 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Unacknowledged privilege (Mol Biol Cell)
- Black Microbiologists Association
- Beginner’s Guide to Minority Professor Hires (ASM)
- Academic Career Readiness Assessment (UCSF)
- Annual Biomed Res Conference for Minority Students
- Lessons from Plants by Beronda Montgomery
- Giant extrachromosomal BORGS (bioRxiv)
- Letters read on TWiM 248
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org