The cast of TWiM reveals how uropathogenic E. coli use a binding protein to treat copper as a nutrient or a toxin, and Antarctic soil bacteria that survive on trace atmospheric gases.
Host: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, Elio Schaechter, and Michele Swanson
Right click to download TWiM#169 (37 MB .mp3, 77 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, RSS, or by email. You can also listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Copper import in E. coli (Nat Chem Biol)
- Conversion of OD to cells/ml for E. coli
- Microbes live on atmospheric trace gases in Antarctic soil (Nature)
- Antarctic terrestrial ecosystem (SciHub)
- Hypolith (Wikipedia)
- Breatharians (Broadly)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
- Letters read on TWiM 169
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply