Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Elio Schaechter, Michael Schmidt and Michele Swanson
Guest: Robin Patel
In recognition of National Medical Laboratory Professionals Week, Robin Patel speaks with the TWiM team about directing a clinical bacteriology laboratory, and how an observation made by a laboratory technologist lead to the finding that Ureaplasma species can cause a system metabolic disturbance, hyperammonemia.
Right click to download TWiM#150 (30 MB .mp3, 61 minutes)
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, Stitcher, Android, RSS, or by email. You can also listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- National Laboratory Professionals Week
- Mayo Clinic Clinical Microbiology Laboratory
- Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Mayo Clinic
- Murine model of Ureaplasma hyperammonemia (Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis)
- Ureaplasma and human hyperammonemia (Sci Transl Med)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply