Host: Michele Swanson
Guests: Thomas Brock, Timothy Donohue, Katrina Forest, and Richard Gourse
Michele speaks with members of the Department of Bacteriology at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, on the occasion of its designation as a Milestones in Microbiology site, where they discuss how the department has advanced the science and
teaching of microbiology.
Right click to download TWiM#88 (36 MB .mp3, 51 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode
- ASM Milestones in Microbiology
- About ASM
- Kenneth B. Raper Symposium and Bacteriology Centennial and Milestones Celebration Program (pdf)
- Life and times of Thomas D. Brock (Ann Rev Micr)
- Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center
- Dept. of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Wood gas (Wikipedia)
- Michele and Waclaw Szybalski (jpg)
- Milestones plaque (jpg)
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply