Vincent, Elio, Michael, and Michele consider whether our eating behavior is manipulated by gastrointestinal microbiota, and an aphid gene of bacterial origin whose gene product encodes a protein that is transported to an obligate endosymbiont.
Right click to download TWiM#86 (52 MB .mp3, 72 minutes).
Links for this episode
- National Biosafety Stewardship month
- Aphid gene of bacterial origin (Curr Biol)
- Eroding symbiont/organelle distinction (Curr Biol)
- Is our eating manipulated by our microbiota? (Bioessays)
- Road to microbial endocrinology (STC)
- Microbial endocrinology (STC)
- Letters read on TWiM 86
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org