Vincent, Laura, David, Kalin and Paul get together at the Society for General Microbiology meeting in Manchester, England to talk about next-generation approaches to antimicrobial therapy.
Download TWiM #53 (44 MB .mp3, 61 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- What is antibiotic action? (YouTube)
- The crisis of no new antibiotics (Lancet)
- Tackling antibiotic resistance (Nat Rev Micro)
- Quorum sensing and social networking (J Roy Soc Interface)
- Streptomyces interaction networks in soil (PLoS Biol)
- What counters antibiotic resistance in nature? (Nat Chem Biol)
- Clinical trials and bacteriophage therapy (J Mol Gen Med)
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com