On episode #14 of the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Stanley, Margaret, Michael and Elio review how the fungus Cryptococcus escapes from macrophages, and electrical conductivity in nanowires formed by the bacterium Geobacter.
Download TWiM #14 (49 MB, .mp3, 68 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Nonlytic exocytosis of Cryptococccus (mBio)
- Conductivity in microbial nanowire networks (Nature Nanotech)
- Geobacter nanowires as transistors (North County Times)
- Definitions: electrical conductivity, phonon, hysteresis
- On Being the Right Size by JBS Haldane
- The Biology of B Movie Monsters by Michael LaBarbera
- Letters read on TWiM #14
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com