Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, Elio Schaechter and Michele Swanson.
The TWiM team is amazed by the ocelloid, and an evolutionary battle for iron between mammalian transferrin and bacterial transferrin-binding protein.
Right click to download TWiM#103 (48 MB .mp3, 65 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, Stitcher, RSS, or by email. You can also listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode
- A unicellular camera-type eye structure (PLoS One)
- Escape from iron piracy (Science)
- Iron in infection and immunity (Cell Host Micr)
- Nutritional immunity (Nat Rev Micro)
- Evolutionary Path (Matthew Barber)
- Image credit: Janet Iwasa
- Sponsors for this episode: SciMedSolutions, ICAAC-ICC
- Letters read on TWiM 103
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com
Leave a Reply