It is true that microbes are everywhere, and have impacts and applications that are often unexpected. Today, a true microbial force of nature visits Matters Microbial: Dr. Irene Newton of the Biology Department of the University of Indiana. Irene will tell us about some of her laboratory group’s recent research on how microbes interact with honeybees!
Host: Mark O. Martin
Guest: Irene Newton
Become a patron of Matters Microbial!
Links for this episode
- A review of manganese oxidizing bacteria can be found here.
- An essay on ice nucleating bacteria can be found here.
- A review of bacterial siderophores can be found here.
- A press release on the work that Dr. Newton and her research group does can be found here.
- Here is another such press release.
- A sample publication from Dr. Newton’s laboratory is here.
- Dr. Newton’s faculty website is here
- Dr. Newton’s laboratory website can be found here.
Intro music is by Reber Clark
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org