Microbes are everywhere and do remarkable things—-like breathing metal! Lauren Seyler joins us today to discuss the microbial mysteries of New Jersey’s Pine Barrens.
Host: Mark O. Martin
Guest: Lauren Seyler
Become a patron of Matters Microbial!
Links for this episode
- A beautiful essay on tardigrades can be found here.
- Weird and wonderful (mythical?) cryptids around the US described here. Hallowe’en fun!
- Frivolous Forest’s site on Etsy is here.
- A lovely overview of the Pine Barrens is here.
- Some of the unusual legends of the Barrens can be found here.
- An article about “bog iron” is here.
- An overview of iron-related microbes is here.
- An abstract of a research talk about bog iron related microbiology from Dr. Seyler’s group can be found here.
- Dr. Seyler’s departmental site is here.
- Dr. Seyler’s fascinating lab website is here
Intro music is by Reber Clark
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com