Sumali and Phil join Immune to discuss their approaches to immunology education.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Cynthia Leifer, Steph Langel, and Brianne Barker
Guest: Sumali Pandey and Phil Mixter
Click arrow to play
Download Immune 60 (46 MB .mp3, 77 min)
Subscribe (free): Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts. RSS, email
Become a patron of Immune!
Links for this episode
- ImmunoReach 44:04
- ASMCUE: ASM Conference for Undergraduate Educators (ASMCUE) 18:51
- Upcoming ASM Webinars: free Microedu Live! discussions:
- Friday, October 14, 1:00 PM Eastern time/10:00 AM Pacific time, topic will be the assessment of learning. Register here.
- Friday, November 4, 1:00 PM Eastern time/10:00 AM Pacific time, topic will be microbiology laboratory biosafety. Register here.
- Journals with relevant education resources:
- AAI ImmunoHorizons ImmunoHorizons
- Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education (ASM; open-source, see Tips & Tools for examples):Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education Table of Contents Volume 23, Issue 2 (asm.org)
- CBE Life Sciences Education CBE–Life Sciences Education (LSE) (lifescied.org)
- How to tell your professional story effectively – for instruction-focused scientists (including external review): Initiative: External Peer Review of Teaching – The Teaching Academy of the Consortium of West Region Colleges of Veterinary Medicine (westregioncvm.org)
- ASM Carski Award for Educators: ASM Carski Award for Undergraduate Education
- Undergraduate degree program in Immunology at University of Alabama-Birmingham (only one in the USA): CAS – Undergraduate Immunology Program | UAB
- 3D printable antibody-antigen epitope models Antibody Epitope teaching kit by esuchman – Thingiverse
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Music by Steve Neal.
Immune logo image by Blausen Medical
Send your immunology questions and comments to email@example.com
Leave a Reply