Win a free Drobo S
The winner of the first Drobo S is @Rin4Christ.
The winner of the second Drobo S is @jhabig.
Congratulations to both. We have a third Drobo S to give away – just fill out the survey at bit.ly/twivdrobo to be automatically entered in the drawing.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASING WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. This Week in Virology reserves the right to modify or terminate this sweepstakes at any time without any liability, without notice, and, with or without cause.
3. Online promotion begins 9 May 2010, and ends 31 May 2010.
4. To enter sweepstakes, see the contest rules abvoe. The sweepstakes is open to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
5. Sweepstakes subject to the national, local, and other laws and regulations in force in the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides. Void where prohibited by law.
6. Sponsor of this sweepstake is This Week in Virology (“sponsor”). Employees of sponsor and its advertising agencies, affiliates, and/or promotional partners and members of their immediate families together with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter or win.
7. One winner selected from the pool of eligible entries will receive a Drobo S. A winner will be decided on or about 1 June 2010. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner will be notified by email. If a winner does not respond within five days of the date appearing on the prize notification, or fails to comply with the instructions contained in the prize notification within that time period, sponsor reserves the right to randomly choose an alternate winner from the pool of remaining eligible entries. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry online, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. Winner may be required to provide evidence of identity in connection with claiming the prize.
9. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, garbled, incompletely received, mutilated, or illegible, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser or network failure, malfunction, congestion or incompatibility at sponsor’s website or elsewhere, will not be eligible and sponsor is not responsible for any technical problems related to online entries. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate this sweepstakes in the event that it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired or if the sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned by causes beyond the control of the sponsor. In the event of early termination, the winners will be randomly selected form all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
10. Income and other taxes, if any, on the value of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
11. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent and agreement to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation, except where prohibited. By entering and/or by accepting a prize, you agree to release sponsors, their affiliates, and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of your participation in this sweepstakes with respect to the awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
12. Each winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release (where permitted by law), and a liability release which must be signed and returned within 14 days of the date on the prize notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be chosen. By entering this sweepstakes and/or by accepting the prize, you agree (where permitted by law) to have your name listed on the This Week in Virology internet website.
13. No substitution of prize, including cash substitutions, except by sponsor in which case a prize of greater or equal value will be substituted. Prize is not transferable.
14. You agree that you shall not upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, easter eggs, worms, trojan horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
15. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the sweepstakes or who violates these official rules. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification of such entrant. Should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
16. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not liable for lost, stolen, misdirected, or late entries.
17. This sweepstakes is governed by the internal laws of the state of New Jersey, United States, without regard to or application of its conflicts of laws rules. The exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any action arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes shall be in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction situated in New Jersey.
18. By entering this sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees. You hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
19.The sponsor if this sweepstakes is This Week in Virology, Scotch Plains, NJ.
20. The winner will need to comply with US IRS tax requirements.
33 comments on “Drobo contest”