TWiM investigates the high variability in the rate and amount of current production from microbial fuel cells, and how bacteria link their growth rate to external nutrient conditions via a protein that functions as a cellular rheostat.
Right click to download TWiM #287 (38 MB .mp3, 51 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Variability in microbial fuel cells (Appl Environ Micro)
- Electrodes for microbial fuel cells (Chemosphere)
- Microbial | electrochemical CO2 reduction (Joule)
- Growth rate and cell wall precursors (Nat Micro)
- Bacterial growth physiology (Front Micro)
Music used on TWiM is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com