Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Michael Schmidt, and Elio Schaechter
Vincent, Michael, and Elio explore the origin of Mycoplasma pathogens of ruminants, and share their thoughts on the recent ASM General Meeting.
Download TWiM #36 (55 MB .mp3, 80 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Origin of Mycoplasma mycoides cluster (PLoS One)
- Livestock bacteria are Online Casino as old as their hosts (Thoughtomics)
- Structure, a program for using MLS data
- Overview of MLST
- Mycoplasma gliding motility (YouTube)
- How clean is your hotel room?
- Illustration of M. mycoides by David S. Goodsell
- Letters read on TWiM 036
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com
Who knew? Western Somoa and Tuvalu (.ws and .tv). I had wondered but hadn’t found the time to find out what they meant. Thanks for answering that question.
Another benefit of reviewing archived shows: finding nuggets of hidden knowledge and getting the breaking headlines on what is now taken for granted, e.g., the microbiome (Dr. Schaechter said it would no doubt be important.).
Wonderful to hear the back stories of what is now considered common knowledge and ancient history in microbiology.
My appreciation and best to all.