On episode #34 of the Infectious Disease Puscast, Daniel reviews the infectious disease literature for the weeks of 7/20 – 8/2/23.
Host: Daniel Griffin
Become a patron of Puscast!
Links for this episode
- FDA approves first treatment for molluscum contagiosum (FDA)
- Identifying children likely to benefit from antibiotics for Acute Sinusitis (JAMA)
- Impact of metagenomic next-generation sequencing of plasma cell-free DNA testing in patients with suspected infectious diseases (OFID)
- Impact of infectious diseases consultation in patients with candidemia at a multisite healthcare system (OFID)
- Relapsing babesiosis with molecular evidence of resistance to certain antimicrobials commonly used to treat Babesia microti infections (OFID)
- Seroprevalence of Chagas disease among people of Latin American descent (AJTMH)
- Malaria transmission-blocking vaccines Pfs230D1-EPA and Pfs25-EPA in Alhydrogel in healthy Malian adults (The Lancet)
- The human blood fluke, Schistosoma mansoni, harbors bacteria throughout the parasite’s life cycle (JID)
- Health care provider knowledge regarding Alpha-gal syndrome (CDC)
Music is by Ronald Jenkees