Today, Dr. Danielle Campbell (and former #DocMartian!), a postdoctoral scholar of the Baldridge group at Washington University in St. Louis, will share her research into the relationship between bacteriophage and the gut microbiome…as well as chat about her path in science.
Host: Mark O. Martin
Guest: Danielle Campbell
Become a patron of Matters Microbial!
Links for this episode
- Here is a link to a wonderful review article by Dr. Campbell describing the role that the microbiome can have on viral infections.
- Here is a link to a a publication describing the Salyersviridae, as described by Dr. Campbell.
- I wrote an essay about Abigail Salyers here.
- Here and here can be found more biographical information about Dr. Salyer’s contribution to microbiology, and the remarkable life she led.
- A description of the career changing Microbial Diversity Course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
- A link to the Baldrige Laboratory at Washington University of St. Louis, where Dr. Campbell is a postdoctoral scholar.
Intro music is by Reber Clark
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org