Today Dr. Jack Gilbert, Professor of Pediatrics and of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, chats with us about his MANY interests in microbiology, from human health to marine environments.
Host: Mark O. Martin
Guest: Jack Gilbert
Become a patron of Matters Microbial!
Links for this episode
- Marley and Murtle’s Etsy shop, which created my glow in the dark needle felted tardigrade.
- My wife Dr. Jennifer Quinn’s Wikipedia page and blog.
- Ethan Kocak’s fine artwork is found at his website.
- An overview of the BLAST program used for sequence analysis.
- An overview of RDP Classifier, no longer online, but can be downloaded to your own computer.
- A brief biography of JBS Haldane, and the story of his wonderful quote about beetles.
- A nice overview of microbiology and social equity, from the ASM website.
- Dr. Susan Ishaq’s working group of microbiology and social equity.
- A great short video about Dr. Jack Gilbert’s interests and philosophy.
- Dr. Jack Gilbert’s profile at UC San Diego, and his faculty website at Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
- Dr. Jack Gilbert’s laboratory website.
Intro music is by Reber Clark
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com