Today Dr. Ken Stedman, Professor of Biology at Portland State University, tells us about the strange and wonderful viruses of heat loving extremophilic archaea—truly viruses from Hell!
Host: Mark O. Martin
Guest: Ken Stedman
Become a patron of Matters Microbial!
Links for this episode
- A popular article about Markus Martin’s work as a fossil expert extraordinaire.
- Markus Martin’s website.
- One of Markus Martin’s academic articles on trilobites.
- An interesting article on the complexity of colony morphology by Bacillus subtilis.
- An article about Serratia, prodigiosin, and temperature.
- An article I wrote about educational aspects of the work of the late great Carl Woese.
- An introduction to the diverse and fascinating archaea.
- An introduction to the viruses of archaea.
- Ken Stedman’s fascinating laboratory website.
- Ken Stedman’s faculty website.
Intro music is by Reber Clark
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com