Vincent and Dickson launch a new science podcast with a description of the emergence and spread of West Nile virus in the United States.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #1 (41.8 MB .mp3 file)
Links for this episode:
- Buy “West Nile Story” by Dickson Despommier.
- ProMed Mail. The global reporting system for outbreaks of emerging infectious disease.
- PubMed. A service of the National Library of Medicine, includes over 14 million citations for biomedical articles back to the 1950s.
- West Nile page at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Great maps of where the virus has been found.
- Episode transcript (download pdf)
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org