Vincent, Rich, Karla, and Marilyn recorded TWiV at the 29th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Virology in Bozeman, where they discussed plant viruses and how they make plants resistant to adverse conditions, and identification of dominant negative drug targets.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #92 (42 MB .mp3, 57 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Lifestyles of plant viruses
- Using pyrosequencing to understand virus ecology
- A virus in a fungus in a plant
- Trans-dominant inhibition of RNA viral replication
- Resistance is futile
- Announcement of TWiV at ASV (pdf)
- Photographs of TWiV at ASV
- Letters read on TWiV 92
Weekly Science Picks
Marilyn – Viruses in the faecal microbiota of monozygotic twins and their mothers (Nature)
Rich – The Known Universe by the American Museum of Natural History
Vincent – The Red Queen by Matt Ridley (thanks, Jesper!)
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.