Vincent, Alan, and Matt review contamination of Rotarix with circovirus DNA, antigenic similarity between 1918 and 2009 H1N1 influenza, a collection of rabies reports, and chicken pox mistaken for smallpox in Uganda.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #75 (57 MB .mp3, 79 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Contamination of Rotarix vaccine with porcine circovirus 1 DNA
- Beak and feather disease circovirus (BFDV) threatens parrots
- Antigenic similarity between 1918 and 2009 H1N1 influenza
- Presumptive abortive human rabies in Texas
- Rabies rampant: feline, immunization change, Indonesia, wolf, Texas bat, US equine (thanks, Lenn!)
- Austin free tailed bats emerging at dusk
- Suspected smallpox in Uganda
- T-cell receptor therapy for AIDS (thanks Dorian!)
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.