Vincent speaks with Adolfo Garcia-Sastre about the origin, pathogenesis, and prevention of the 2009 pandemic influenza H1N1 virus.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #74 (34 MB .mp3, 47 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Influenza virus receptor specificity and disease
- PB1-F2 expression by 2009 H1N1 strain does not increase virulence
- Protection against 2009 H1N1 infection by immunization with older strains
- Passage in eggs changes influenza receptor specificity
- Association between D222G mutation and virulence
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.