The TWiV team summarizes the discovery of Sin Nombre virus, and presents evidence that neurotropic flaviviruses can cause intestinal dysmotility syndromes after systemic infection of mice.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Please take the TWiV listener survey 2:02
- ASV 2019 Satellite Symposia 3:24
- Crowdfunding for EV-D68 research 5:10
- Outbreak (exhibit, TWiV 501) 7:50
- Four Corners hantavirus outbreak (Wikipedia) 8:49
- Death at the Corner (Atlantic) 13:50
- Hantavirus infection by US state (CDC) 18:45
- Hantavirus US cases and mortality (CDC)
- Hantavirus international cases (CDC) 19:42
- Belmont hantavirus death (NYTimes) 21:33
- Intestinal dysmotility following flavivirus infection of mice (Cell) 28:34
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 527 7:09, 1:02:51
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:09:58
Neal – The Yoda of Silicon Valley
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org