Michelle Flenniken joins TWiV to talk about honeybees and the work of her laboratory on honeybee viruses.
Guest: Michelle Flenniken
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MSU Pollinator Health Center 3:18
- Honeybee antiviral defenses (Sci Rep) 54:19
- The buzz about honeybee viruses (PLoS Path)
- Recently identified bee viruses (Curr Op Insect Sci) 51:54
- Videos on honey bee research at MSU, honey bee pathogens, honey bee pathogen detection (YouTube) 1:20:57
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:23:35
Michelle – First 21 days of a bee’s life; NPR’s Hidden Brain; Varroa destructor triggers deformed wing virus in bees
Brianne – Flu Near You
Alan – Skype a Scientist program
Rich – NASA’s Voyager 2 Probe Enters Interstellar Space
Kathy – Which ones are bees? And What it feels like to be a bee
Vincent – Fecal sequencing and Vaccines did not cause Rachel’s autism by Peter Hotez
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of Bee Research in the Flenniken Lab
MSU photos by Kelly Gorham