Vincent and Dr. Scott Hammer talk about different types of AIDS vaccines and how they are tested in clinical trials.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #52 (51 MB .mp3, 71 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- PAVE 100 trial cancelled
- HIV vaccine shows promise for the first time
- Description of the Thailand AIDS program
- NEJM review on why AIDS vaccine is difficult (pdf)
- Arguments for the AIDS vaccine trial in Thailand
- International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.