The TWiVerati follow up on the Ebola virus outbreak, virulence of Ebola-Makona, and reveal how a parasitoid is revealed to hyperparasitoids, and binding of influenza virus to a calcium ion channel to mediate influenza virus entry.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- ASM Microbe 2018 3:20
- Support Viruses & Cells Gordon Conference
- Faculty positions at Icahn School of Medicine 2:36
- International dsRNA Virus Symposium 9:07
- Tracing Ebola virus contacts (CIDRAP) 27:13
- WHO FAQ Ebola virus vaccine (WHO) 28:40
- Nipah virus outbreak (CIDRAP) 35:36
- Revealing parasitoid to hyperparasitoid (PNAS) 42:03
- Hyperparasitoid video (YouTube) 59:17
- Calcium channel and influenza virus entry (Cell Host Microbe) 1:03:10
- Letters read on TWiV 495 11:34, 1:20:04
Weekly Science Picks 1:33:41
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org