Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Phytopathogenic fungus hosts a plant virus (PNAS) 21:20
- Franklin column (PNAS) 36:16
- Potato famine mystery solved (History) 37:20
- Protein Data Bank 1:04:50
- You do not need to work 80 hours per week (THE) 1:24:21
- How I Learned To Stop Worrying (Sci Am) 1:23:26
- Image credit: Truth Wins by Jon Yewdell
- Letters read on TWiV 469 4:46, 1:03:15
This episode is brought to you by the Department of Microbiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Composed of over 20 virology labs, all centralized in one building in the heart of New York City, this department is a perfect fit for anyone with an interest in pursuing virus research. For more information about the Department, visit http://bit.ly/micromssm
This episode is brought to you by the Virology and Gene Therapy PhD program at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences in Rochester, Minnesota. The renowned Mayo Clinic Virology and Gene Therapy program is currently accepting applications until December first. If you want to be trained in the exciting fields of oncolytic virotherapy, gene therapy, vaccine creation, or basic virology, visit mayoclinic.org to apply to the Virology and Gene Therapy program at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Weekly Science Picks 1:27:07
Kathy – Patterns Video (WonderLab)
Dickson – Nikon 2017 Photomicrography Contest
Rich – Leonardo Da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
Alan – Sail Magazine Best Boats 2018
Vincent – Science Is Dry, Obscure, Complex?
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com