Vincent and Dick continue virology 101 with a discussion of virus entry into cells, then answer reader email on colony collapse disorder and viruses that confer a benefit to their host.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #46 (35 MB .mp3, 50 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Illustrations of virus entry into cells
- Nice reference for biological items (thanks Jim!)
- Colony collapse disorder: PBS program, descriptive study, metagenomic study, genetic analysis (thanks Swiss compass!)
- Potato virus Y and Alzheimer’s disease (thanks Jennifer!)
- A virus in a fungus in a plant (thanks Jennifer!)
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.