Lynda Coughlan joins the weekly virtual bus companions for a discussion of a host defense peptide from frogs that destroys influenza virus, and mouse models for acute and chronic hepacivirus infection.
Guest: Lynda Coughlan
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Linda on Virus Watch and BSGCT 2:20
- Anti-influenza peptide from frogs (Immunity) 22:10
- Magainins (Wikipedia) 23:35
- Urumi 27:45
- Kathy’s defensin paper (PLoS Path) 40:25
- World Hepatitis Day 41:20
- Mouse model for hepacivirus infection (Science) 41:50
- Letters read on TWiV 452 14:35, 1:06:40
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:33:45
Kathy – US rivers as subway map
Lynda – No Time to Lose: A Life in Pursuit of Deadly Viruses by Peter Piot
Alan – Apollo-era computers found in dead engineer’s basement
Vincent – 110 NFL Brains, research article in JAMA and The best science is often accidental
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com