The TWiX cabal discuss sexual transmission of Zika virus in mice, and how immune escape enables herpes simplex virus escape from latency.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Nido2017 Meeting 5:20
- ASM Clinical Virology Symposium 5:55
- Zika virus sexual transmission in mice (Cell Rep) 12:00
- Viral RNA is not infectious virus (virology blog) 16:30
- Methyl-phospho switch (TWiV 369) 37:00
- Immune escape of herpesvirus from latency (Cell Rep) 32:45
- Restarting lytic gene expression (J Virol) 50:50
- Letters read on TWiV 430 9:20, 1:14:20
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. See what’s on the menu this week and get your first 3 meals free with your first purchase – WITH FREE SHIPPING – by going to blueapron.com/twiv 0:25, 26:10
Weekly Science Picks 1:22:35
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com