The TWiVeroos examine a reverse spillover of Newcastle disease virus vaccines into wild birds, and identification of a protein cell receptor for murine noroviruses.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- MicrobeTV Store 31:50
- Florida DOH Daily Zika Update 32:40
- Zika virus in new Miami neighborhood (CNN, NYTimes) 33:00
- NDV vaccine virus in wild birds (PLoS One) 35:40
- Protein cell receptor for murine norovirus (Science, PNAS) 49:25
- Poliovirus receptor analysis (J Virol) 1:00:50
- Letters read on TWiV 411 6:10, 1:11:10
This episode is brought to you by CuriosityStream, a subscription streaming service that offers over 1,400 documentaries and nonfiction series from the world’s best filmmakers. Get unlimited access starting at just $2.99 a month, and for our audience, the first two months are completely free if you sign up at curiositystream.com/microbe and use the promo code MICROBE. 0:30
This episode is also brought to you by Drobo, a family of safe, expandable, yet simple to use storage arrays. Drobos are designed to protect your important data forever. Visit www.drobo.com to learn more. Listeners can save $100 on a Drobo system at drobostore.com by using the discount code Microbe100. 0:50, 1:08:40
Weekly Science Picks 1:22:50
Jolene – Chalk Talk Science by Dennis Mangan
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org