The TWiVles talk about endogenous viruses in plants, sex and Ebolavirus transmission, an outbreak of canine influenza in the US, Dr. Oz, and doubling the NIH budget.
Links for this episode
- Pinot noir and viruses (Wine Spectator) 35:00
- Endogenous florendoviruses (Nat Commun) 35:30
- Sex and Ebolavirus transmission (WHO, CDC, NYTimes) 54:10
- Ebolavirus waiting (NYTimes) 57:35
- Canine influenza outbreak (ProMed, NorthStarVets) 1:01:10
- Dr. Oz under fire (NYTimes) 1:06:20
- TV doctors (Brit Med J) 1:09:50
- Double the NIH budget (NYTimes) 1:11:45
- Image credit: Grapes and Caulimovirus
- Letters read on TWiV 334 6:10
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thank you!
Weekly Science Picks 1:17:05
Alan – NIH RFI: How do we fix this mess?
Rich – Editing embryos (PopSci, Prot Cell)
Kathy – Creative class presentations (one, two, three, four)
Dickson – The most tornadoes
Vincent – Apollo 13, 45 years later (Ars, IEEE, Farewell)
Listener Pick of the Week
Johnye – Rudolf and Leopold Blaschka
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com