Vincent, Alan, Matt and Kathy review isolation of a new coronavirus from two patients in the Middle East, and expansion of the enteric virome during simian AIDS.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 204 (66 MB .mp3, 96 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Novel coronavirus (virology blog one, two)
- PCR assay for novel CoV (Eurosurveillance)
- Isolation of novel coronavirus (NEJM)
- SARS CoV now a select agent (Federal Register, pdf)
- My Sharona
- Pathogenic SIV infection associated with expansion of gut virome (Cell)
- Letters read on TWiV 204
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – Map of the Wind
Matt – Dark Side of the Earth; Insensitive guide to thriving in your Ph.D.; Gary Vanerchuck (YouTube)
Kathy – How much does a shadow weigh? and Slinky drop answer
Vincent – A Parasite’s Parasites; All the cool kids are on arXiv
Listener Pick of the Week
Nissin – Jungle Jim (1948)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.