The TWiV team speaks with Patrick Moore about his discovery, with Yuan Chang, of two human tumor viruses, Kaposi’s sarcoma herpesvirus and Merkel cell polyomavirus.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 160 (66 MB .mp3, 109 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Chang-Moore laboratory at University of Pittsburgh
- Representational difference analysis (Science)
- KSHV: Forgotten but not gone (Blood)
- Why do viruses cause cancer? (Nat Rev Cancer)
- Merkel cell carcinoma review (Ann Rev)
- Clonal integration of a polyomavirus in Merkel carcinoma (Science)
- T antigen mutations in Merkel polyomavirus (PNAS)
- Merkel polyomavirus small t is an oncoprotein (J Clin Inves)
- Suggest a topic for the 2012 ASM General Meeting
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 160
Weekly Science Picks
Patrick – The Theory That Would Not Die by Sharon Bertsch McGrayne
Dickson – Foodborne illness acquired in the US (Emerging Inf Dis)
Rich – GATTACA
Alan – Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Vincent – Boxwave capacitative stylus
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.