Vincent, Rich, Julie and Stacey recorded TWiV at the 30th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Virology in Minneapolis, where they discussed the role of neutralizing antibodies in protection against HIV-1 infection, and astroviruses, agents of gastroenteritis.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 143 (48 MB .mp3, 66 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- HIV-1 neutralizing antibodies and risk of infant infection (J Virol)
- Astrovirus increases epithelial barrier (J Virol)
- Virology special reviews issue (open access)
- Don Ganem interrupted by fire alarm at ASV (YouTube)
- History of structural virology
- ASV 2011 at Minneapolis
- Photographs of TWiV at ASV
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 143
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Jing – Bees by Rudolph Steiner
Send your virology questions and comments firstname.lastname@example.org.