Vincent, Rich, and Ed discuss the transition from academic scientist to government work, the general program of drug and vaccine development in the biodefense world and at BARDA, and career opportunities for scientists in government.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode:
- ACAM2000 smallpox vaccine
- Bavarian Nordic’s smallpox vaccine Imvamune and phase II trial
- Rich and Ed’s paper on bacteriophage T7 mRNAs
- Quandaries of dengue vaccine development
- Tetravalent dengue vaccine
- VIVA – virology at Vassar
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 120
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.