Vincent and Dickson review examples of paleoparasitology, the detection of parasites in archaeological material.
Download TWiP #61 (54 MB .mp3, 75 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- T. rex had Trichomonas (PLoS One)
- King Richard III had worms (CNN)
- Discovery of toilets in Japan (Mem Inst Os Cruz)
- Paleoparasitology in the Old World (Mem Inst Os Cruz)
- Soils from Seoul (J Arachael Sci)
- Ancient parasite infections in Old World (pdf)
- Ascaris in coprolites (Mem Inst Os Cruz)
- Human intestinal parasites in the past (Mem Inst Os Cruz)
- Letters read on TWiP 61
Send your questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com