The TWiM hosts reveal how to test antimicrobial susceptibility in less than 30 minutes, and a carbonate-sensitive phytotransferrin in diatoms that controls iron uptake.
Right click to download TWiM#182 (32 MB .mp3, 66 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Legionnaire’s Disease with Michele Swanson
- Antibiotic susceptibility in less than 30 min (PNAS)
- S. saprophyticus growing in microfluidic chip (movie, PNAS)
- Mother machine (Jun lab)
- E. coli growth in mother machine (YouTube)
- Diatom phytotransferrin (Nature)
- CRISPR tool kit (Nat Commun)
- A Crack in Creation by Doudna and Sternberg
- CRISPR/Cas9 for undergrads (BMBE)
- John Oliver on gene editing (YouTube)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 182
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com