Vincent, Elio, Michael, and Michelle discuss the use of bacteria to build a genetic sensor for heavy metals, and how host sugars help enteric pathogens to expand after antibiotic treatment.
Right click to download TWiM#76 (48 MB .mp3, 67 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Sensing array of radically coupled biopixels (Nature)
- Synchronized genetic clocks (YouTube)
- Synchronization of 32 metronomes (YouTube)
- Quorum sensing – Bonnie Bassler (YouTube)
- Host sugars help antibiotic-mediated expansion of enteric pathogens (Nature)
- Finding a sugary foothold (Cell Host Micr)
- Letters read on TWiM 76
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com