On episode #4 of the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Vincent, Cliff, Margaret, and Michael review foodborne bacterial illness in the context of outbreaks associated with cantaloupes and Lebanon bologna.
Download TWiM #4 (51 MB .mp3, 75 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- CDC statement on Salmonella outbreak
- CDC statement on E. coli outbreak
- CIDRAP summaries of cantaloupe and bologna associated outbreaks
- ProMedMail summary of Salmonella outbreak
- Summary of food related illness in US (pdf)
- Food safety and irradiation (CDC)
- Geosmin (thanks, Atila!)
- Letters read on TWiM #4
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com