The TWiM team is amazed by the ocelloid, and an evolutionary battle for iron between mammalian transferrin and bacterial transferrin-binding protein.
Right click to download TWiM#103 (48 MB .mp3, 65 minutes).
Links for this episode
- A unicellular camera-type eye structure (PLoS One)
- Escape from iron piracy (Science)
- Iron in infection and immunity (Cell Host Micr)
- Nutritional immunity (Nat Rev Micro)
- Evolutionary Path (Matthew Barber)
- Image credit: Janet Iwasa
- Sponsors for this episode: SciMedSolutions, ICAAC-ICC
- Letters read on TWiM 103
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org