The TWiM team discusses evidence that serotonin synthesis is regulated by spore-forming members of the gut microbiota.
Right click to download TWiM#102 (42 MB .mp3, 58 minutes).
Links for this episode
- When antibiotic resistance in vitro falls short (STC)
- Gut microbiota control serotonin in mice (Cell)
- Serotonin biosynthesis (Wikipedia)
- Microbial endocrinology (STC)
- Image credit
- Sponsors for this episode: SciMedSolutions, Jmbe.asm.org, ICAAC-ICC
- Letters read on TWiM 102
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com