This episode: Adding exotic elements to convert spore-forming bacteria into light-capturing cyborgs that convert carbon dioxide into useful chemicals!
Download Episode (9.7 MB, 10.5 minutes)
Sakimoto KK, Wong AB, Yang P. 2016. Self-photosensitization of nonphotosynthetic bacteria for solar-to-chemical production. Science 351:74–77.
Other interesting stories:
- Unusual archaeal virus sorta looks like Ebola (paper)
- Understanding how probiotics could prevent cancer in mice (paper)
- Giant viruses have immune system against virophages
- Using evolution to help yeast produce more ethanol from biomass(paper)
- Remnants of viruses in our DNA helps us fight off infections
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!