This episode: Polymer-coated bacteria make really good vaccines!
Download Episode (9.2 MB, 10 minutes)
Li Y, Beitelshees M, Fang L, Hill A, Ahmadi MK, Chen M, Davidson BA, Knight P, Smith RJ, Andreadis ST, Hakansson AP, Jones CH, Pfeifer BA. 2016. In situ pneumococcal vaccine production and delivery through a hybrid biological-biomaterial vector. Sci Adv 2:e1600264.
Other interesting stories:
- Fiber stops microbes from eating protective gut mucus
- Potential new antibiotics predicted and discovered in human microbes
- Bacteria communicate to work together against viruses
- Root bacteria help protect plants against arsenic and infections
- Fungus helps plants defend themselves against roundworms
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!