In his weekly clinical update Dr. Griffin discusses vaccine effectiveness against influenza illness in children, clinical manifestations of infection with poliovirus, spike protein-independent attenuation of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant in laboratory mice, concordance of SARS-CoV-2 results in self-collected nasal swabs vs swabs collected by health care workers in children and adolescents, probable animal-to-human transmission of SARS-CoV-2 causing a pet shop-related outbreak, laboratory-confirmed COVID-19–associated hospitalizations among adults during BA.2 variant, SARS-CoV-2 specific T-cells and antibodies, Nirmatrelvir use and outcomes during the Omicron surge, real-world effectiveness of early Molnupiravir or Nirmatrelvir–ritonavir in hospitalized patients, and distinguishing features of long COVID.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Vaccine effectiveness against Influenza illness in children (CID) 5:09
- Clinical manifestations of infection with Polio (JAMA) 6:28
- Characteristics of deaths among fully vaccinated persons with Coronavirus (CID) 16:41
- Spike protein attenuation of Omicron Variant in lab mice (Cell Reports) 18:27
- Concordance of SARS-CoV-2 results in nasal swabs self-collected vs healthcare collected (JAMA) 20:53
- Probable animal-to-human transmission of Sars-Cov-2 (CID) 22:20
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA)
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- COVID-19–associated hospitalizations among adults during BA.2 variant (CDC) 25:19
- Sars-Cov-2 specific T-cells and antibodies (CID) 26:59
- Nirmatrelvir use and outcomes during the Omicron surge (NEJM) 29:28
- Effectiveness of early Molnupiravir or Nirmatrelvir–Ritonavir in hospitalized patients (The Lancet) 32:49
- Distinguishing features of long COVID (medRxiv) 37:31
- Unexplained post-acute infection syndromes (Nature Med) 39:25
- Contribute to Floating Doctors fundraiser at PWB 39:26
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 932 39:52
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to email@example.com