In COVID-19 clinical update #118, Dr. Griffin discusses management of hair loss after infection, FDA announcements on vaccine schedule and recommendations, Moderna announcement on bivalent booster candidate, association between vaccination and infection during pregnancy, population-level implications of Israel’s booster campaign, PAXLOVID outcomes during recent infection surge, efficacy and safety of Tixagevimab-cilgavimab, diagnostic accuracy of infection by canines, efficacy of colchicine in hospitalized patients, and factors associated with hospital readmission.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Management of hair loss after infection (NIH) 34:58
- FDA announces vaccine schedule meeting (FDA) 4:21
- FDA advisory committee recommends NOVAVAX vaccine (Novavax) 1:57
- Moderna announces bivalent booster candidate (Moderna) 12:17
- Association of vaccination and infection during pregnancy (JAMA) 16:10
- Implications of Israeli booster campaign (Science Translational Medicine) 17:25
- PAXLOVID patient eligibility screening checklist (FDA) 22:42
- Remdesivir fact sheet for providers (Veklury)
- Bebtelovimab fact sheet for providers (FDA)
- PAXLOVID outcomes during infection surge (Research Square) 23:20
- Efficacy and safety of Tixagevimab–cilgavimab (The Lancet) 25:58
- Diagnostic accuracy of infection by canines (PLOS ONE) 5:42
- Efficacy of colchicine in hospitalized patients (Nature) 28:22
- Factors associated with readmission (IDSA) 33:40
- Contribute to FIMRC fundraiser at PWB 39:02
- Dr. Griffin’s treatment guide (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 908 39:55
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees
Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org